How to apply for an Apprenticeship or Traineeship
An Apprenticeship is a real job with training so you can earn while you learn and pick up some recognised qualifications as you go…
With over 22,000 quality Apprenticeship vacancies available online at any time there has never been a better time to start an Apprenticeship. If you live in England, are over 16 and not in full time education you can apply.
A Traineeship is an unwaged education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Tips on how to apply for a Traineeship work experience placement using the online system
Start your journey today
Applying for an Apprenticeship has never been easier, just visit Apprenticeship vacancies and you will be one step closer to starting your journey to become an apprentice.
If you want some help applying for any of the opportunities available then this handy guide will give you hints and tips about how to work your way through registering, searching and applying for your dream Apprenticeship job.
Want to search for Apprenticeship vacancies whilst on the go?
Need further help?
- The National Apprenticeship Service helpdesk can help you with any queries about the Apprenticeship vacancies job site.
If you would like to speak to a careers adviser face to face or on the phone contact:
- National Careers Service or call 0800 100 900.
Please note for those aged under 18 face-to-face contact is not available but a telephone and web service is offered.
- Got a question we haven’t answered? Then check our questions and answers (Q&As) section.
- Want to see what type of roles you can do? Then look no further than our ‘Types of Apprenticeships‘ pages.
- The sky’s the limit. Your guide to Higher Apprenticeships (PDF link)